We make timeless products which will not go out of style quickly and are designed sustainably. What exactly does this mean? With sustainable design, we try to reduce the negative impact on the environment and health. The goals of sustainable design are to reduce the consumption of non-renewable resources, minimize waste and create a healthy environment.
We make an impact on sustainable development through our decisions in the field of sustainable design.
“People don't have a problem with waste; they have a design problem. If people were to design products, tools, furniture, homes, factories and cities more intelligently from the start, they wouldn't even have to think in terms of waste, pollution or scarcity. "
- The Upcycle by authors Michael Braungart and William McDonough, 2013.
In practice, there are a number of general principles of how we approach sustainable design:
Low-impact materials: We choose natural and recycled rubber and use LWG Gold-certified Terracare-leather. This is leather without PCP, Benzedrine and uses 40% less water than regular tanneries.
- Repairable: Our shoes are designed in such a way that it is possible to easily replace parts of specific wear.
- Waste management: Already during the design process of our shoes, the generation of waste is being considered. We reduce this in several ways, for example by having the pattern pieces fit together nicely, which reduces cutting waste
- Energy efficiency: Our products are designed with as few stitches, pattern pieces and operations as possible, this way we use less energy.
- Material diversity: We have chosen to keep the number of different materials to a minimum to stimulate disassembly and value retention.
- Lifecycle: Our products are timeless and durable enough to last a lifetime.
- Detailing: Our shoes do not need any lining, eyelets or other details. Our design language consists of unlined leather and pure, simple constructions.